Irina Dashevsky is an Associate in Locke Lord’s Chicago office where she concentrates her practice on advising clients in the rapidly evolving cannabis industry. Irina is also a seasoned commercial litigator with extensive experience managing and resolving disputes for clients throughout all stages of litigation in federal and state court.
Irina previously served as the Deputy Finance Director for The Competence Group, a political consulting firm specializing in campaign finance strategy for elected officials and candidates at the local, state and federal level.
Cannabis, Marijuana, CBD, and Hemp
Irina is a member of Locke Lord’s Cannabis Industry Group and regularly advises clients on legislative developments and legal issues associated with operating within the cannabis industry. Irina has advised clients on topics ranging from obtaining state-level licenses in multiple jurisdictions to appropriate internal policies and procedures. Irina also frequently writes on cannabis-industry topics, and is a co-editor of the Firm’s cannabis law blog.
Consumer Finance Litigation
Irina’s litigation experience covers a wide range of areas, including insurance coverage defense, contracts, government contracts and regulation, mortgages foreclosures and class-action defense. Irina currently concentrates on representing financial institutions in individual and class action lawsuits arising under a myriad of state and federal consumer protection statutes including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
• Representing multiple mortgage servicers in actions alleging TCPA, TILA, FDCPA and FCRA claims and violations of bankruptcy discharge injunctions
• Representing financial institution in various real estate transactions related to REO property
• Represented gaming clients in precedent setting cases involving the Illinois Video Gaming Act
• Advocated for a refinery in rulemaking proceedings before the Illinois Pollution Control Board
• Represents insurance companies in complex insurance coverage disputes, particularly in environmental claims litigation in state and federal courts across the country
The cannabis industry continues to grow and evolve rapidly, as does the legal industry that supports it. Firms of all sizes and attorneys in various practice areas are now being asked to counsel and provide services to cannabis businesses--all while ...